1) When you were in school did you dread writing an essay or did you jump up and down with joy?
I was always good at writing essays, but I hated it. Writing essays is sooo boring to me, but I can't seem to get away from it; I still have cousins asking me to help them with their essays.
2) Who is your favorite character out of your Beswitched series? Why?
I love the cat, Surla. However, the witch, Idis, is becoming a close second!
3) Which did you have more fun writing out of your 2 books?
BeSwitched was written so long ago, when I was 16. I spent six months writing it out in a notebook, drawing pictures of the characters, doing it all for my own pleasure. I don't think I anticipated having it published one day. BeSwitched Witch was written just a couple months ago, and so the feelings are more recent. I loved writing about Surla and Jax's magnetism in BeSwitched Witch. Okay, okay, I will make a choice! I will say BeSwitched, because I really relaxed into it.
4) Have you tried to write any contemporary before? The first two books in The BeSwitched Series deal with contemporary times. I like to think of them as contemporary fairytales. The 3rd book in the series, I am currently writing, actually takes place in the 1700s--Royally BeSwitched. Surla is thrust back in time with her crush. I am looking forward to seeing how the story plays out. It is a lot of fun to bring contemporary characters into the past.
5) Have any crazed fans yet? I had a fan tell me that she read BeSwitched 3 times in 4 days! I also met her and she was super excited. I guess she counts as a crazed fan. :)
6) What is your advice for the writers of the world? Let loose with your imagination and enjoy the process. Get that rough draft out, then edit later!
7) Favorite country music singer? Josh Turner. I like the song that Scotty McCrary was known for singing over and over during the audition process of American Idol--Your Man :0)
8) How long did it take you to write a book? BeSwitched Witch was written in just 2 months, no kidding. I have readers who love it more than BeSwitched, too. I think I have acquired a feeling for what works and what doesn't, so I can outline something and get it out. My books are also shorter than most, too--about 150 pages.
9) Where were you when you finished writing the last page of Beswitched? Probably laying on the top bunk my bunk bed. I shared a room with my sister all throughout high school. My bed is where I liked to write.
10) What is your thoughts about Pillow Pets? That their song can get stuck in my head! And now they have even littler Pillow Pets, like Pillow Babies or something. Surla would love to have a pillow pet to sleep with, while Idis would probably throw it across the room or burn it in her fireplace. If I were to choose a Pillow Pet for myself, it would probably buy the lady bug.
Thank you so much for having me on your blog as a stop for The BeSwitched Blog Tour, Courtney. It's been fun. [Please remind them of the grandprize giveaway at my blog, too-- mollysnowfiction.blogspot.com]
- Show quoted text -
The Riddles of Hillgate: http://tinyurl.com/3guv6oy Smashwords' *Top Ten Bestseller*,
"...loved it! Can't wait till the next book comes out!" --Carrie R., Fan
Suzy Q., Who Are you?: http://tinyurl.com/3szf7qe
The BeSwitched Series:
BeSwitched: http://tinyurl.com/3cjqwjx BeSwitched Witch: http://tinyurl.com/8a6lbyr
"These books are becoming highly addictive."--Heather, Buried in Books