Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally





What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.



  I really am in love with this lovely cover. Although I must admit I thought the blue jean shorts were a mini skirt at first. It made my mind think, Wait- Is this girl a girly-girl on the football team. Then closer observations helped me realize it was a pair of shorts. The cover is what pulled me in and when I read the synopsis, I was head-over-heels. I was debating whether or not to buy it on my nook and we went in a B&N store in Tupelo  and it was featured in the YA section. I snatched it up and ran to the counter and babbled about how I have been dying to read this book and the women just gave me a Would you just shut up? look. Back on the cover. It really displays the book on the cover and I have one question about the cover. Is it Henry or Ty on the cover with Jordan?

  I am going to have to get my model's (Tabby and Maya) to do a few more photoshoots so I can do a Head-Over-Heels little image because this book is one that deserves that image, title, and a many more. It is so much more developed than you would think reading the book. I have to say I am a Henry Girl.

   Yes, it is time for everyone to choose: Team Henry- running back who has stolen my heart from the beginning or Team Ty: Quarterback who won the state title in Texas and is so sweet, and protective. I will leave  that up for you to choose.

  I saw Jordan as a kick-butt- female character if ever one! I mean she isn't afraid to kick some football boy booty if they point out her being a girl or try to degrade her. She even has her own little pack behind her- Carter, JJ and Henry. I mean she is 6 feet and 170 pounds my 4'11 and 105 pounds is jealous of this football game.  Her with her huge linemen and quick running back- life won't go well if you decide to be sexist to Jordan because it may be the last thing you ever do.

The only thing I had a problem in the WHOLE book was that Ty and Jordan's relationship didn't develop at all. It was I saw him and was instantly in love and within a day we were kissing and making out. I really think it was a total of 5 days before they started to kiss. Way too fast. They needed to know each other before starting to go out. I would have given it a 5 stars but Miranda makes up with it with her excellent writing and even better plot.

Also Jake Reynolds. Give me him! I mean I loved that guy with a passion. He was snarky, hilarious and now is Courtney Wyant's main love interest. ;) (Don't tell Henry!) He was in college and a friend to Jordan's older brother Mike. I kept hoping she would end up with him and I am not going to tell you if he does or if he doesn't if you are a Jake fan like me. I think I may even can start a fan club for my love interest.  So if you are wondering- yes he is taken- by me!

 Altogether with few flaws I fell in love with this complex love story. I also loved how Jordan was finally starting to realize she wasn't a guy and she could actually have a love life and girlfriends without being picked on- too much that is. ;) It will have you wishing the boys from the football team were real and went to your school.

Rating: 4.7/5 rounds up to a five nooks. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment