Friday, April 27, 2012

Book Review: Because of Low and Breathe by Abbi Glines

   

 Titles: Breathe and Because of Low
Series: Sea Breeze 1 and 2
Author: Abbi Glines
Synopsis:  Breathe- Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationship's never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie.



     I first fell in love with Jax and I had a thing with Rock Stars because I read Breathe and Rock and A Hard Place back to back in the same night. Jax is a rock star who isn't cocky and is down to earth. That is what I love about him. He was my perfect guy characters for a long time excluding Trever Hoffman, Dimitri Belicov, Luke can't-remember-last-name-from-The-Stillburrow-Crush and the Fuetnes Brothers. Let's not even start on the Futenes Brothers. They are BREATHTAKING. I am rambling again. Yet if you don't know the Futenes Brothers you need to get to know them they are pretty dang amazing. 
   A love triangle was formed in Breathe between my own love- Marcus Hardy- and Jax Stone who claimed my heart for about a week before I found  Because of Low.  The love triangle was terrible in my part because in Breathe, 74.9 % of my heart belonged to Jax because I was in my 2 week long rock star craving phase. From the 25.1 % of my heart that belonged to Marcus in Breathe I put my beloved Jax to rest for a little bit. He was devoted to me ,so I guess I should try to read his story again to give some more of my bookish love to him again.Back on subject. Marcus holds 110 % of my heart. 

    The books also have a great twist at the end! Both of them do. Wait- Don't you dare flip to the last page and ruin it. I will haunt you till the day you die for flipping ahead! I didn't see it coming  especially in Breathe but I felt the ending-not ruining it- twister coming in Because of Low with Willow and Marcus. History repeats itself.



  I also felt Willow and Marcus's relationship unfold slower than Jax and Sadie's relationship.  I think that Breathe was more simple written ,but it didn't take away from the book at all. I really enjoyed the innocent, sweet, quickness that came with Jax and Sadie. Sadie was so mature for her age also but Abbi didn't over do her matureness as some authors seem to try to write. I liked that. 
   I also loved,loved, LOVED Low and Cage's sweet, complicated relationship. Like those 'nasty' Mexican sodas that Cage never, ever lets Low run out of. While Cage is out dating every girl from here to kingdom come every night of his life he expects Low to stay away from guys all together other than when he gets ready to marry.  He is just isn't ready to tie himself down yet he really did have an odd case of puppy love.  I have never, ever read a book with a character like Cage and he really was a great, GREAT character whose story I can't wait to read.  I heard Cage is going to be working at a farm with his shirt off alot! Score!
   How did Sadie have the patience for dealing with her mother? Only the Lord and Abbi knows that. I probably would have told her to shut up and it was her own fault she was pregnant and single.  Gosh Jessica was more of a 5 year old than a mother. Poor Sam if he didn't have Sadie at the beginning.  I really doubt he would have made it far without Jessica having a breakdown.

  Main thing is the book was so smoothingly well written it turns into an addiction to a craving. How am I going to make it til' August when Cage's story comes along? I will probaly be sitting with bloodshot eyes looking for my college baseball player.  Even though he isn't a one girl kind of guy , he's mine.  So back off. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment