Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review:Pride and Popularity

Title: Pride and Popularity
Author: Jenni James
Series: Jane Austen Diaries #1
Publisher: Brigham Distributing
Published: August 3rd 2011
Source : Purchased by me from interest

Taylor always gets what he wants—until now.

Chloe Elizabeth Hart despises the conceited antics of the popular crowd, or more importantly, one very annoying self-possessed guy, Taylor Anderson, who seems determined to make her the president of his fan club! As if! Every girl in the whole city of Farmington, New Mexico, is in love with him, but e seems to be only interested in Chloe.

This modern high school adaptation of Pride and Prejudice is a battle of wits as Chloe desperately tries to remain the only girl who can avoid the inevitable—falling for Taylor. 


Review:
  So many words to describe Pride and Popularity. One of them is a phrase: best retelling of Pride and Prejudice I have read yet. This book may even bring me to finally tackle the highly acclaimed book of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Give me time. I accidentally grabbed the abridge edition of Pride and Prejudice when I went to the library, I wil read it when I am not swamped up with book review demand. Which is amazing all you authors requesting, I really appreciate it.

  So this one did remind me of  Prom and Prejudice in a lot of ways.  The plot for one was simliar but I believe it is because both of them are derived from the Pride and Prejudice. So the characters were beyond likeable. I would almost classify all of them as loveable and I would classify Taylor as a men who I would LOVE to meet in person. Heck, I would love to kiss him in person to. In fact what girl would turn down the opportunity.
   So it was a delightful quirky read I loved and adored. I give it a 4.75 which rounds to  a 5. So what ever you do move this up to the top of your to read list. It is an amazing book

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I saw the Pride and Prejudice movie but have yet to read the book too! Still, I'd love to read an adaptation of it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound really good! Great review as always!!:)
    Ana @ BookSpark

    ReplyDelete