Friday, December 2, 2011

REview of Evernight


Title: Evernight
Author: Claudia Gray
Publisher:Harperteen
Published: Febuary 2009
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Rating: 3/5 Ereaders
Source: Lincoln-Lawerance Public Library

Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.
Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.
"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."
But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.




 So I grabbed this book off the library shelf because this is a series my aunt said she enjoyed a bunch and said I had to read it, but she couldn't loan it to me becaue she had hers on her kindle and she could't loan it to me because I have my lovely little nook. So I just so happened to see it on the shelf on the library along with its sequel,Stargazer, so I grabbed the books along with the last 2 books in the VA series, which I will put the review of later on. So picked it up after I finished the Vampire Academy and I enjoyed it, not as much as I have other Vampire books but it defiantly isn't the worst I have read.

Review:

  So in this book Bianca is attending a school with vampires. I thought at first she did not know she was attending Evernight Academy with a bunch of vamps and she thought her parents to be normal or so Claudia Gray lead me to believe til almost a quarter of the into the book. So when I figured out she knew her parents and most of the schools population was vampires I was, WTF. Soon I got over the fact of that and I started to think about the relationship between Bianca and Lucas.

 The relationship between the two of them was REALLY fast it went something like this for me.
"Hi im Bianca" to  "We cant do that right now"... Yes I thought the relationship between them went way to fast. I think Claudia could have waited a little longer before jumping the relationship from friends to soulmates who kiss on the top of a tower.  Slow down horsey, I have had this problem for the past few books and it has been annoying me.
   So all together the characters aren't the most pradicactible and I would have never of guess Lucas was a [not going to name for spoiler alert] . Yet I sadly read the back of the book on the 2nd one in the series so it ruined it for me.So tip to you book lovers NEVER read the back of a second book in the series if you are about to start reading it.
  So the author did a good job on keeping me intrested and all together it wasnt a terrible book just not one of my favorites either. I  would stick to reading the Vampire Academy books if there was more I havent read. ( I need to finish Bloodlines.) So it is wortha once read over if you like vampires and I couldn't help but compare it to Vampire Academy. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I've heard so much about Evernight! I must check it out!

    ReplyDelete