Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review of Notes to Self

Notes to SelfNotes to Self by Avery Sawyer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Provided  by the author for review.


Two climbed up. Two fell down.

One woke up.

In the aftermath of a traumatic brain injury, Robin Saunders has to relearn who she is and find out what happened the night everything changed.



Well written,Laura-Avery-or whatever she would like me to refer to her as, has created a novel worth reading at least once and I will most definatly re-read this one when I am not on such a tight schedule and am trying to review all of the books authors are sending me in a reasonible amount of time. So if you are an author and you have asked me to do a review, give me time, I am a busy gal-most of the time and I wont break my promise it will be reviewed.
  So it begin with the night of the accident, Robin and Emily both falling off the roof of the Slingshot.All 30 feet of it.How both of them did not die immediately beats me but o well. So, Robin wakes up in a hospital with VERY little remembrance of what happened that night at the Sling Shot other than the main workds I fell . Soon her mother and her friend Reno are helping her recall her slight case of amnesia as she soon gets out of the hospital and home.
  Soon after going home, she returns school where kids turn into snot-nose brats. Alot of them call her "Short bus kid" and make fun of her hair . Many of them blame her for the incedent that left her BFF,Emily, in coma. The only people she can really friend are the ones she had all along- Reno and her Mother.

  Such a good drama filled contemporary that would have gotten a five from me but it took me a while to get ahold of the story in the beginning and I am still thinking about a 5 star rating just give me time to think about it. It deserves it but I am not too big of a softie... I can't handle it it. I am changing it to a five star rating.
  So it had an original,sad beginning story to start with even though it took me a little while to get hooked into the story line. The author did a good job portraying everything most people want in a YA book- romance,drama,friends,a happy ending.
  I won't put anything that will ruin the story plot for those who haven't read it but if you like contemporary you can get it for a bargain Price of 3.99 for your Kindle or Nook or any ereader you own 

Visit laura at her website:  http://teashopgirls.webnode.com/

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment