Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout


  Title: Obsidian
  Series: Lux #1
  Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
  Published: May 8, 2012
  Publisher:  Entangled Teen
  Rating:  5/5 Nooks

   When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.



     I mean I have been on a cover love for the past few weeks.  This is another one I love.  One thing I love more than anything is uber hot model who poses as Damian.  He looks just as I imagined Damian to in the book.  Okay, maybe the cover model influenced a little bit about how I thought he was going to look like. Just one question is that Katy or Dee on the cover with him.  I guess both of them look similar to me but in the book I imagined that Katy was a little more curvier and not all skin and bones if that was it. 
     Here is a regular pick of the lovely male cover model who is currently in a relationship with the female covermodel.  I am just jealous of the female cover model, but even though Pepe and Sztella  are in a relationship I was stalking around Jennifers blog and Pepe has a younger 16 year old brother.  Even if he was in Hungary , I might travel out there to stalk him to say hello. ;)


Almost as good as a Futenes :) 


Jennifer Armentrout has created an epic ,different, flabbergasting novel.  All the way from Katy's awesome hobby to Damian's  moodiness.  I honestly was searching everywhere for a copy of Onyx before realizing it doesn't come out til August.  I was about to have a Damian withdraw and I had finished the book 20 minutes before.  Now I am just reading the reviews for Onyx it has me craving it all the more.  I hope my patience doesn't run out so I don't have to attack fellow YA bloggers who got their fingers on an ARC copy. ;) 

   Katy's hobby has an appeal to most YA bloggers because she is YA blogger.  You get a well written,  hilarious, reader character  then 99.9% of the YA blogger world will leap at the book at a bookstore and yell, "MINE!" and scare a little kid eating a lollipop.   Katy really was developed and an amazing character because she didn't want Daemon, yet she felt attracted!  A totally, different Alien book from anything Alien I have ever read.  Okay, I have only read one Alien book and it is this one but still...... 

  Daemon, even the name sounds hot and badboyish.  He is the kind of guy and with his personality would be stalked by every teenage girlif he stepped one foot into Brookhaven, Mississippi.  Sure he was moody at first when Katy meets him but Katy sets him right where he is suppose to be  with her snappy comeback.

  When we begin Daemon opens the door shirtless and has Katy wonder if the boy even owns a shirt and pretty much sets herself out on hating him.  Then Daemon isn't as grouchy so we start bonding to him and Katy slowly moves her feeling toward him up.  Their relationship is kinda an iffy for me but G-R-E-A-T on development.  I hardly ever get one as good as this one on love intrest development. Excellent job, Jen, for the development.

  Jennifer has definatly wrote a story where it is hard not to give spoilers so I am just going to shut my trap on this one.  I don't want to ruin the whole book with one itsy bitsy wrong word. 
                                        With Bookish Love,
                                                                   


    

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds like another good one. I've been wanting to read Armentrout's Covenant series for a while. Now I have another one of her books to add to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many books, too many books, too many books.... I wonder if my husband will divorce me if I add this series to my overflowing bookshelves? Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete